Pomeranians are intelligent dogs with small bodies. They are playful, and they adapt pretty well to living in apartments and small houses. They don’t require much, but they do need a comfy place to sleep.
The overall best dog bed for Pomeranians is the Bedsure Calming Dog Bed. This model offers the right size and design for your dog. Additionally, this dog bed is easy to wash, and it is warm and comfortable for him.
In this guide, I outline the best dog beds for Pomeranians. You’ll learn the necessary features for a dog bed and what type of materials you should avoid.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
|Best Overall||Bedsure Calming Dog Bed|
|Best for Dogs with Anxiety||Pet Craft Supply Wellness Calming Dog Bed|
|Savvy Pick||Furhaven Pet Plush Orthopedic Sofa|
|Budget Pick||Friends Forever Donut Bed|
|Best Pick for Puppies||Furhaven Pet ThermaNAP|
|Best Pick for Senior Dogs||Bedsure Orthopedic Dog Bed|
Product Reviews for Pomeranian Dog Beds
Best Overall: Bedsure Calming Dog Bed
The Bedsure Calming Dog Bed is the overall best bed for Pomeranians. This pet bed has a comfortable design, and it is extra warm and soft for your Pomeranian puppy. It is made of high-quality microfiber that you can wash in the washing machine. All you need to do is put it on a gentle cycle with cold water.
Most beds can shift if your little dog moves a lot during the night, and that can lead to accidents. This small dog bed provides a non-slip surface that prevents unwanted movement. Additionally, the edges of the bed give excellent support to your dog’s head while sleeping. Also, the pet bed is quite affordable compared to other options on the list.
The soft and cozy surface can also be of great help when trying to calm your dog’s anxiety. However, the bed does have some drawbacks. If your dog is smaller than average, it can be a bit too tall for him.
- This donut dog bed offers a comfortable design.
- It has extra warm and soft faux fur.
- The non-slip bottom prevents unwanted movement.
- It is the right size for Pomeranians.
- You can use a washing machine to wash it.
- The raised edges provide security and support.
- It is an affordable option.
- The design can also help to calm your dog’s separation anxiety.
- It can be a bit tall for your pup if he is smaller than average.
Best for Dogs with Anxiety: Pet Craft Supply Wellness Calming Dog Bed
A common issue with small dog breeds is anxiety. Both separation anxiety and fears of loud noises like thunder or fireworks can cause your Pomeranian to seek a place of comfort. This calming dog bed offers your pup some security with a vegan faux fur material that mimics the coat of a mother dog.
For dogs that like to burrow or enjoy a cave bed, this product comes bundled with a soft blanket. From personal experience I know my dogs love blankets. For years they would claim mine until I broke down and bought them one just for them.
The Pet Craft Supply Company is a trusted brand in the industry and their experience is clearly marked on the product. The outer cover is completely removable and machine washable. Underneath the bed is a high grip non skid material for use on hardwood or tile floors.
Compared to other beds on this list the price point is very competitive. For a small dog you should not have to break the bank for a quality product.
While this is a great option for most small dog breeds there are a few cautions. If your pup is particularly destructive this bed is not designed to withstand heavy chewing. Additionally if your dog suffers from incontinence this bed is not made with waterproof materials. Like most dog beds you need to be selective on the washer and drying settings used to get maximum life. Always follow the recommendations on the tags.
For everyday use however this bed is a great choice. This product has only been available since November of 2020 but is already getting impressive reviews.
- Super soft faux fur lining the provides comfort and anxiety relief.
- Competitive pricing.
- Includes bonus blanket!
- Easy to remove cover that is machine washable.
- Non skid bottom.
- Not designed to withstand tough chewers.
- Not waterproof.
Savvy Pick: Furhaven Pet Plush Orthopedic Sofa
The Savvy pick for Pomeranians is the Furhaven Pet Plush Orthopedic Sofa. This memory foam dog bed provides a comfortable and warm surface that your dog may love. It has a pet-friendly design, making it excellent for small breeds that love to move around or have their head supported by the edges when they sleep.
The softness and design of this memory foam pet bed can help prevent joint pain in older dogs or dogs that suffer from obesity or hip dysplasia. Additionally, you can choose between various colors, from a soft brown to darker tones like chenille coffee.
One more feature about this orthopedic bed that you should consider is that it is easy to wash and clean. Its design allows you to remove the cover so that you can put it in the washing machine, something that is essential in dog beds.
This dog bed can present some drawbacks. For instance, it is a bit more expensive than other items on the list. It is also not a good option for heavy chewers or dogs with destructive behavior.
- The memory foam surface of the bed is comfy and warm.
- It has a pet-friendly design.
- The orthopedic foam can prevent joint pain.
- You can choose between different colors.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is a bit expensive.
- It is not the best option for heavy chewers and dogs with destructive behavior.
Budget Pick: Friends Forever Donut Bed
The best budget bed for Pomeranians is the Friends Forever Donut Bed. The best feature of this dog bed is its calming design that can help your dog if he suffers from anxiety. It also offers some excellent support for your dog’s head, especially if he prefers to have his head over something while he rests.
The Donut Bed is made of high-quality materials that are non-toxic for your dog, so you don’t need to worry about him chewing on it. Additionally, you can find it in three different sizes. You should consider getting the small one for your Pomeranian, but a medium-size bed can also work if he likes to move a lot.
It is an excellent budget dog bed with many benefits and quality features, but it has some drawbacks. This model doesn’t have the best durability, and it could do with some more stuffing to make it more comfortable for your dog.
- This dog bed has a calming and anti-anxiety design.
- The bed is warm and cozy.
- It offers excellent support for your dog’s head.
- It is made of non-toxic materials.
- It is an affordable option.
- You can get it in 3 different sizes.
- It doesn’t offer the best durability.
- It requires a bit more stuffing.
Best Pick for Puppies: Furhaven Pet ThermaNAP
The Furhaven Pet ThermaNAP is the best bed for Pomeranian puppies. This dog bed provides the best features for puppies, thanks to its incredible and comfy design. Not only is this bed warm for your dog, but it can easily convert into different items. It can become a mattress, a couch, a nest, or a canoe.
The dog bed will give your puppy the warmth, softness, and support that he needs to have a good night’s sleep. Additionally, you can clean it quite easily by just putting it inside a washing machine. However, pay attention to the bed’s tag before washing it.
You can find it in different colors, so you can choose the one that best matches your dog’s personality. This model does have some drawbacks if you want to use it for puppies. Avoid using it if your puppy loves to chew and destroy things.
- You can convert this model into different items.
- It provides excellent warming mechanisms for your puppy.
- It is comfortable and soft.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- You can find it in different colors.
- It is not the right option for heavy chewers.
Best Pick for Senior Dogs: Bedsure Orthopedic Dog Bed
The best bed for senior Pomeranians is the Bedsure Orthopedic Dog Bed. It offers an intelligent design perfect for dogs that suffer from joint pain and other health-related issues. The bolster bed is also made of high-quality materials, making it a viable choice if you want a durable option.
It is designed to help your dog sleep better, and its size is perfect for small breeds like Pomeranians. Because of its design and comfortable surface, this bed can help your dog feel secure whenever he uses it. Additionally, the foam bed is easy to clean and maintain, something essential for dog beds.
This orthopedic model is a great option, but it does have some drawbacks you should know. For instance, avoid it if your dog loves to dig right before going to sleep. Also, even if it is easy to clean, you cannot wash the bed in a washing machine.
- It is a high-quality dog bed.
- It has a smart design to help your dog sleep better.
- It is the perfect size for small breeds.
- It is easy to maintain.
- It will help your dog feel safe.
- You should avoid it if your dog likes digging before sleeping.
- It is not for washing in a washing machine.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Dog Bed for a Pomeranian?
What Size Bed Does a Pomeranian Need?
Pomeranians are not big dogs, weighing just 3 to 7 pounds (1.4 to 3.2kg) on average, so they don’t need a big bed. The right dog bed size for your Pomeranian should be slightly bigger than him. He should be comfortable on it while still having space to move around while he sleeps.
What Is the Best Dog Bed for a Pomeranian?
There are some factors you should consider when looking for a dog bed for your Pomeranian:
- Size: The first thing you must consider when getting a bed for your Pomeranian is the size. The right size for your Pomeranian is usually a bed that is slightly bigger and wider than him. That allows him to move around when he sleeps, letting him find the most comfortable spot.
- Material: The material you should look for something soft, comfortable, and hypoallergenic. Pomeranians are not as prone to skin allergies or other skin-related health problems, but every dog is different.
- Washability: Another thing to consider is the washability of the dog bed. Dog beds should be washed weekly if possible, so finding one that is easy to clean is essential.
What to Avoid in a Pomeranian Dog Bed?
Here’s what you should avoid when buying a dog bed for your Pomeranian:
- Big beds or extra small ones: If you get a big bed, your Pomeranian might lose interest in it because it will be too wide for him. On the other hand, if you get an extra small one, he might get uncomfortable and won’t use it.
- Difficult to wash: Dog beds need to be washed constantly for health reasons. A mattress that is not easy to clean will only make the process a lot more challenging, consuming more time.
Can A Pomeranian Sleep On My Bed?
It will depend on your dog, but there’s no reason why you can’t sleep with your Pomeranian. If you live in a hot climate, your dog will probably not be happy about sleeping in your warm comfy bed with you. On the other hand, it will be easier for him to sleep with you if you live in a cold area because he will want warmth.
However, you should still provide a dog bed so that your Pomeranian can choose his own space if he needs it.
Can You Crate Train a Pomeranian?
Pomeranians are smart and highly trainable dogs. They are intelligent, making it easier to teach them complex commands. However, crate training a Pomeranian can be challenging because they tend to dislike being inside small spaces.
Choose Your Goal
Crate training is necessary if you want your dog to learn that the house is not for peeing or pooping, but it can also help with other things. For instance, crate training is a good way to develop a schedule for your dog and help him understand the rules of the house.
Here’s what you can do:
- Get your dog inside the dog crate for a minute while you are in the room with him. Then let him out. Repeat until he understands that you will let him out soon.
- Increase the time. Go from one minute to five minutes, with you still in the same room.
- Now, leave him in the crate with you out of the room for a minute.
- Once your dog is used to being in the crate without you in the room, you can start increasing the amount of time.
- If you want to use crate training to house train your dog, leave him inside the crate for an hour. Then, take him for a walk and put him back in the cage. Repeat the process until your dog learns not to pee inside the house.
Don’t Push It
Above all, you should be patient. If you leave your dog inside the crate for a long time and he is not ready yet, he’ll begin associating the crate with something terrible.
Once he believes the crate is bad, it will be tough to crate-train him again. That’s why you should always start small and increase the time inside the crate gradually.
The best dog bed for Pomeranians is the Bedsure Calming Dog Bed. It has the ideal size and design for your dog. The bed is also made of high-quality materials, is durable, and you can easily wash it in the washing machine.
Overall, when buying a dog bed for a Pomeranian, look for a soft option made of high-quality materials. Find a mattress that is slightly bigger than him so that he can move comfortably during the night.
All content has been reviewed for accuracy by Dr. Megan Teiber, DVM.