Havanese dogs are known because of their long silky hair and their gentle nature. They are one of the cuddliest dog breeds and have won many admirers because of their looks and playfulness. If you have a Havanese dog, you might be looking for the best dog bed for him.
The best overall dog bed for Havanese dogs is the PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed. This bed provides the right size for your dog and has many great features, which can improve your dog’s sleeping.
Today’s buying guide covers the best dog beds for Havanese dogs. In this guide, I look at the quality and features these beds offer. Additionally, you’ll also learn more about this wonderful dog breed.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
|Best Overall||PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed|
|Savvy Pick||Best Friends by Sheri Calming Donut Bed|
|Budget Pick||Pet Craft Supply Soho Round Dog Bed|
|Best Pick for Puppies||Amazon Basics Water-Resistant Pet Bed|
|Best Pick for Senior Dogs||Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed|
Product Reviews for Havanese Dog Beds
Best Overall: PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed
The overall best bed for Havanese dogs is the PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed. It offers the right size and many other features that can provide a good night’s sleep for your puppy. The materials are non-toxic and high-quality, so your little dog will be getting a comfortable and durable bed.
PetFusion’s bed has an intelligent design that can help you offer your pup the best support during his sleep. Its design can also prevent and reduce joint pain and other health-related issues in older dogs. Additionally, you can clean and maintain the bed by removing the cover and washing it in the washing machine.
It does present some minor drawbacks. For instance, if your Havanese puppy is bigger than average, you won’t be able to find a medium size bed for this model. Also, it can be a bit more expensive than other dog beds, and it is not a waterproof option. To learn more you can read our full review.
- It is made of high-quality materials and premium components.
- It can help reduce joint pain in senior dogs.
- It is durable and comfortable.
- It has an intelligent design that provides optimal support.
- The orthopedic dog bed uses memory foam and other non-toxic materials.
- It is an ideal bed for small breeds.
- You can wash it in a washing machine.
- It is more expensive than other beds on this list.
- It doesn’t offer a medium-size option.
- It is not waterproof.
Savvy Pick: Best Friends by Sheri Calming Donut Bed
The Best Friends by Sheri Calming Donut Bed is the Savvy pick for Havanese dogs. It is made of high-quality non-toxic materials, making it an excellent pup-friendly option. The intelligent design of this bed also provides your dog with the best possible support for his head and neck during sleep.
The design and materials are able to provide comfort and warmth for your dog. It is also versatile, meaning that your dog can find the right spot to sleep that fits him better. Additionally, it is warm and easy to maintain. All you need to do is remove the cover shell and put it in the washing machine.
The faux fur material mimics a mother’s coat helping reduce separation anxiety in your pet.
There are, however, some drawbacks to this model. For instance, this donut dog bed is not the most durable option on the market, and if your dog likes to dig or chew his bed, it might not be the best option. Additionally, you cannot air dry this bed, so you’ll need to use a dryer, which will increase the energy cost.
- This dog bed provides the best possible support during sleep.
- Its design and materials offer superior comfort and warmth.
- It has a versatile design that is easy to maintain.
- You can remove the cover to wash it in a washing machine.
- It is made of non-toxic materials.
- You cannot air dry this dog bed.
- It is not the most durable option.
Budget Pick: Pet Craft Supply Soho Round Dog Bed
The best budget dog bed for Havanese dogs is the Pet Craft Supply Soho Round Dog Bed. It can provide quality sleep because of its excellent design and ultra-soft surface, giving your dog the best possible comfort during the night. The materials it uses are also non-toxic for dogs.
It also includes a self-warming technology that uses premium materials to provide your dog with the best resting place. Additionally, you can easily clean this item by removing the cover and putting it in the washing machine. This dog bed is also the perfect size for small breeds like the Havanese dog.
However, it does present some drawbacks. It has an incredible design, but it doesn’t offer good durability or resistance. You should also know that you must use a gentle cycle in the washing machine or the cover can get destroyed.
- It provides quality sleep for your Havanese dog.
- It is made of premium materials and has excellent comfort.
- This dog bed is ultra-soft.
- The bed has self-warming technology.
- You can wash it in a washing machine.
- It is made of non-toxic materials.
- It is the right size for small breeds.
- This bed doesn’t offer the best durability.
- Use a gentle cycle in the washing machine, or it can fall apart.
Best Pick for Puppies: Amazon Basics Water-Resistant Pet Bed
The Amazon Basics Water-Resistant Pet Bed is the best bed for Havanese puppies. It has a rectangular shape that offers the best possible comfort for your dog. The design can also provide a sense of security needed if your dog suffers from anxiety or fear of the dark.
It has an extra cozy surface that provides the necessary warmth for your Havanese dog, something essential if you live in a cold region. Additionally, the bed is made of soft materials while remaining durable and resistant. It is stuffed to make it easier for your dog to adjust to the new bed, and the surface is water-resistant.
The main drawback of this model is that you cannot wash it by hand or in the washing machine. It offers an easy-clean surface, but you cannot remove the cover or wash the bed at all, making the cleaning process a lot more challenging.
- It has a rectangular shape for better comfort.
- It is extra cozy for small breeds.
- It is made of soft and durable materials.
- The bed is also stuffed and water-resistant for better protection.
- The bed can provide a sense of security for your dog.
- It is easy to maintain.
- It is not washable in a washing machine.
Best Pick for Senior Dogs: Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
The Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed is the best bed for senior Havanese dogs. It uses high-quality memory foam to provide comfort and safety for older dogs or dogs out of surgery. The design also allows for two covers, one of which is waterproof and the other one is soft for better comfort.
This orthopedic dog bed provides orthopedic support for dogs that suffer from joint pain or hip dysplasia. Additionally, it is easy to clean and maintain as you can wash the removable covers in the washing machine. If your senior dog needs a special place to sleep, this could be the right option for him.
It doesn’t present many drawbacks, but there are still some. For instance, the two covers are difficult to put back on after you remove them. Also, if your older dog is a heavy chewer, you might need to consider a more durable dog bed.
- This hypoallergenic dog bed is waterproof and has two covers for better resistance.
- It uses memory foam to give your dog a more comfortable sleep.
- The cover is durable and easy to wash.
- It provides orthopedic support.
- The dog bed provides the best possible comfort for your dog.
- It is made of high-quality hypoallergenic materials.
- It is not a durable option if your dog likes chewing or digging on beds.
- It is difficult to put the covers back on.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Dog Bed for a Havanese?
What Size Bed Does a Havanese Need?
Havanese dogs can grow up to 11 inches (27.9 cm), making them a small dog breed. So, when you buy a new bed for your Havanese, you should consider a bigger bed than him. Not too big because he won’t like it, but big enough to allow him to move around when he sleeps.
The right size for a Havanese dog is usually 15 inches (38.1 cm). It can be a bit smaller or bigger but try not to go either extreme.
What Is the Best Dog Bed for a Havanese?
When buying a dog bed for your Havanese, you should consider the following features:
- Size: If you are looking for a dog bed for your Havanese, you should get one slightly bigger than him. Dogs love moving around when they sleep, and an extra small bed can be uncomfortable for them.
- Durability: Dogs need a resistant and durable bed, especially if they like to dig right before sleeping. Beds with no durability will not survive a couple of nights of digging.
- Washability: The main feature your dog bed needs is the possibility of being washed and cleaned. You should wash a dog bed every one or two weeks. One that cannot be washed easily or at all will not work for your dog, especially if they have a long fur coat.
- Materials: You should look for a dog bed made of high-quality materials. Some purebred dogs suffer from allergies and skin issues, so we recommend a hypoallergenic, non-toxic material.
What to Avoid in a Havanese Dog Bed?
Here are the aspects and features you should avoid when buying a dog bed for your Havanese Dog.
- Toxic materials: One thing to avoid is beds made of toxic materials, especially if your dog likes chewing on everything inside the house. Dogs that like to chew on things shouldn’t be exposed to any type of toxic material. You should also get them appropriate chew toys.
- Uncomfortable beds: You should try to avoid uncomfortable beds. Hard surfaces are not something dogs tend to like, but the same can happen with too soft surfaces.
- Cheap beds: Cheap beds usually don’t use high-quality materials, meaning they do not have the same durability. A dog bed needs to be durable because dogs like to play rough even with their beds.
Do Havanese Sleep A Lot?
Havanese dogs are highly energetic and even more so when they are puppies. However, their physical needs are medium compared to breeds like German Shepherds or Golden Retrievers. They also don’t need high-intensity exercises. Once they’ve done their fair share of physical effort, they’ll most likely sleep the rest of the day.
If you notice that your Havanese is not exercising enough, you should try to get him on more walks. However, it is not uncommon for them to rest the entire day whenever they are not eating or playing with you.
If you don’t have a backyard, you may like to try some of these activities with your Havanese.
Are Havanese Dogs High Maintenance?
Although they don’t need much physical activity throughout the day, Havanese dogs require a lot of grooming. Without a proper brush daily, their long fur coats can get dirty and messy fast.
So, if you’re thinking about having one of these dogs, you should consider the amount of time you will need for grooming. People that work eight hours a day away from home should consider a low-maintenance breed instead of a Havanese.
If you are looking for the best dog bed for a Havanese, you should consider the PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed. This bed provides all the right features for your dog, from a soft and comfortable surface to an easily washable design.
Overall, when looking for a dog bed for your Havanese, you should focus on a couple of features. For instance, a mattress that is easy to wash will be your best ally. You should also consider the durability of the materials.
All content has been reviewed for accuracy by Dr. Megan Teiber, DVM.