Boston Terriers are a small breed famous for their gentle and affectionate nature. Although they were initially bred to be fighting dogs, they are now considered some of the best companions. As with all dog breeds, it is essential to invest in a comfortable dog bed for your furry companion.
The overall best dog bed for Boston Terriers is the Best Friends by Sheri Original Calming Donut Bed. This dog bed provides the perfect size, a comfortable surface, warmth, and a sense of security thanks to its design and shape.
In this article, you’ll learn about the best dog beds for Boston Terriers. I take a look at the quality of each of these products so you can choose the best option for your pup.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
|Best Overall||Best Friends by Sheri Original Calming Donut Bed|
|Runner-Up||Best Friends by Sheri Cozy Cuddler Orthopedic Dog Bed|
|Savvy Pick||Furhaven Deluxe Orthopedic Chaise Lounge|
|Budget Pick||American Kennel Club Casablanca Solid Round Dog Bed|
|Best for Cold Climates||ASPCA Microtech Dog Bed|
|Best for Warm Climates||The Original Elevated Pet Bed by Coolaroo|
|Best for Puppies||Sealy Lux Pet Dog Bed|
|Best for Destructive Dogs||K9 Ballistics Round Dog Bed|
|Best for Senior Dogs||Barkbox 2-in-1 Memory Foam Bolster Bed|
Product Reviews for Boston Terrier Dog Beds
Best Overall: Best Friends by Sheri Original Calming Donut Bed
The Best Friends by Sheri Original Calming Donut Bed is the overall best dog bed for Boston Terriers. This model offers some of the best possible features for you and your dog. For instance, its shape provides a good sense of security and comfort as it allows your dog to move comfortably during the night.
The fabric of this dog bed provides a surface similar to a dog’s coat. Therefore, your dog could feel safer and secure as it imitates your dog’s mother’s fur. The surface is also hypoallergenic and safe for dogs, especially for those that like to chew on everything they can.
Another excellent benefit of this dog bed is that it allows you to choose the perfect size for your Boston Terrier. The cover of this model allows you to remove it to make the cleaning process a lot easier. The surface has a water and dirt resistance design that helps keep the bed cleaner for a longer time.
However, this dog bed does present some drawbacks. You should avoid placing the bed near fire or other heat sources because the materials can melt quickly. The center of the bed lacks the necessary stuffing to provide the best support for your dog. Additionally, the cover won’t keep its comfort and integrity if you wash it constantly in a washing machine.
- Its round shape provides better comfort when sleeping.
- The design of this dog bed can give your dog a sense of security.
- It provides a cozy and hypoallergenic surface for your dog.
- This dog bed is easy to maintain and clean, thanks to its intelligent design.
- The surface has a water and dirt-resistance surface.
- The bed is made of non-toxic materials.
- The fibers of the bed’s surface imitate your dog’s mother’s coat.
- You can find it in the perfect size for Boston Terriers.
- You must avoid placing this dog bed near fire or other heat sources.
- It could do with more stuffing for the center of the bed.
- This bed doesn’t offer the best durability.
Runner-Up: Best Friends by Sheri Cozy Cuddler Orthopedic Dog Bed
The runner-up for Boston Terriers is the Best Friends by Sheri Cozy Cuddler Orthopedic Dog Bed. This dog bed is designed to provide the best possible warmth, comfort, and size for your dog. Its shape allows your dog to support his neck against the cushioned edges of the cave bed and cover himself with the integrated blanket.
The bed’s size could be perfect for dogs that love to move around when they sleep. It is also made of pet-friendly materials that won’t put your dog’s health at risk, even if he manages to chew on the stuffing from inside the bed. Its versatile design allows you to place it anywhere in the house.
Additionally, this dog bed is easy to wash and maintain. All you need to do is remove the cover and place it in the washing machine. However, you should use a gentle cycle, or you risk damaging it.
One more benefit of this model is that the brand will return your money if you are not happy with the product. However, you should know that the durability and quality of this dog bed are lower than other options in this article. Also, the integrated blanket might not be 100% useful if your dog can’t figure out how to use it.
- This dog bed offers excellent support and comfortability for your dog.
- The bed is warm and flexible.
- It provides the necessary space to move around during the night.
- The cushioned walls of the bed give your dog comfy support for his head.
- Its versatile design makes it easy to place in any room of your house.
- It is made of pet-friendly materials.
- If your dog doesn’t love this bed, the company is happy to return your money.
- This model could help your dog feel secure when he sleeps.
- You can easily wash it.
- It doesn’t provide the best quality or durability.
- Some dogs might not understand the purpose of the blanket.
Savvy Pick: Furhaven Deluxe Orthopedic Chaise Lounge
The Furhaven Deluxe Orthopedic Chaise Lounge is the Savvy pick for Boston Terriers. This model allows you to choose the right color and size for your dog, letting you get a dog bed that fits your dog’s personality. It comes in different sizes, but I recommend the small or medium sizes for Boston Terriers.
This dog bed is an orthopedic option that provides excellent comfort and support for your dog. It is beneficial if your dog is already old or suffers from joint pain. The surface of the bed is comfortable, and the stuffing is made of memory foam. The combination of these two parts can help prevent discomfort during sleep.
Its design also provides cushioned edges so that your dog can place his head on them when he sleeps. Additionally, the surface is made of soft hypoallergenic materials that could be helpful if your pup has allergies. It is also easy to wash, thanks to its removable cover.
This dog bed does present some drawbacks. For instance, it is not a good option for heavy chewers. The surface can also be a bit hard to clean if your dog loves to eat treats or bones on it.
- You can choose from many different colors.
- It is the perfect size for Boston Terriers.
- Its orthopedic design can prevent joint pain.
- The memory foam and soft surface provide excellent comfort and warmth.
- The cushioned edges can give your dog the necessary neck and head support.
- It comes with a removable cover that makes the washing process easier and faster.
- The materials used are hypoallergenic and non-toxic.
- It is a high-quality and durable option.
- It is affordable compared to other dog beds.
- It is not the right option for heavy chewers.
- The bed can be a bit too soft and can sink when your dog is sleeping.
- The surface is hard to clean.
Budget Pick: American Kennel Club Casablanca Solid Round Dog Bed
The American Kennel Club Casablanca Solid Round Dog Bed is the best budget dog bed for Boston Terriers. This affordable option is the right size for Boston Terriers and provides many excellent features. Its stuffed interior and soft surface give your dog the best possible support during his sleep.
Its design and colors allow you to place this dog bed almost anywhere in the house. The shape of this model can accommodate most dog sleeping patterns, so it doesn’t matter if your dog curls up like a donut at night or sleeps straight. This dog bed can also help reduce the stress on joints and muscles, something essential for older dogs.
The bed is made of recyclable materials, and you can wash it in the washing machine. All you need to do is remove the cover of the mattress. However, it doesn’t provide the best quality or durability. Also, it lacks an anti-slip base, meaning that there could be unwanted movement, especially if your dog moves a lot during the night.
- It is an affordable option.
- This dog bed is the perfect size for Boston Terriers.
- It is stuffed with soft materials that provide better support for your dog.
- The design and colors of this dog bed allow you to put it anywhere in the house.
- It can accommodate most dog’s sleeping patterns.
- It can help reduce stress in aching joints and muscles.
- This nest-like dog bed provides support for your dog’s head and neck.
- It is made of recyclable materials.
- This bed is easy to wash and maintain.
- Because it is an affordable option, it doesn’t offer the best durability.
- The bed doesn’t have an anti-slip base.
Best for Cold Climates: ASPCA Microtech Dog Bed
The ASPCA Microtech Dog Bed is the best option for Boston Terriers in cold climates. This dog bed could provide the best comfort for small breeds. Its design allows for easy access for puppies, dogs with disabilities, and seniors with reduced mobility capacity.
Its surface is soft and warm and can help your dog feel secure if he suffers from separation anxiety during the nights. One of this bed’s best features is its highly durable materials and ASPCA Microtech, which provides a hypoallergenic surface to keep your dog healthy and safe.
The cushioned edges are an excellent addition for your dog’s comfort as it allows for better support for his neck and head. However, this option does present some drawbacks. For instance, it should not be your first choice if your dog is a heavy chewer and likes to break things. The materials inside can put his life at risk if he consumes them.
It also lacks a bit of padding in the middle, and that can make your dog think twice before using it. You shouldn’t wash this dog bed in a washing machine, but if you do, don’t use a fast cycle.
- This dog bed is suitable for small breeds.
- The design of this bed allows easy access.
- It is made of highly durable materials.
- It uses the ASPCA Microtech to provide better comfort.
- It is excellent for senior dogs, puppies, or dogs with disabilities.
- The surface is soft, cozy, and warm.
- It provides solid support for your dog’s neck and head.
- It can help reduce separation anxiety during the nights.
- This option is not recommendable for heavy chewers as it could put their lives at risk.
- It doesn’t have thick padding.
- You shouldn’t put this bed to wash in a washing machine.
Best for Warm Climates: The Original Elevated Pet Bed by Coolaroo
The Original Elevated Pet Bed by Coolaroo is the best option for Boston Terriers in hot climates. Its design provides decent airflow and a cool resting place for your dog, something essential for Boston Terriers living in warm areas. Additionally, it also offers good comfort for older dogs and dogs with joint problems, thanks to its suspended platforms.
This elevated dog bed is made of high-quality, dense polyethylene, which allows for better breathability. It is a lightweight option that doesn’t compromise its weight capacity, making it a perfect portable bed for dogs of all breeds and sizes. Additionally, this bed’s steel frame is exceptionally durable and has anti-rust properties.
If your puppy has a hard time sleeping during summer, this is the dog bed you should consider. However, it does come with a couple of drawbacks you should know about. To begin with, you need to assemble this model carefully, and that can take some time.
It also requires constant maintenance to keep it safe for your pet because the screws don’t have the same quality as the rest of the product.
- It is the perfect dog bed if you live in a hot area.
- This dog bed’s design allows for better airflow, providing a cool resting place for your pup.
- The bed also provides better comfort because it creates low-impact areas.
- It is a good option for older dogs or dogs with joint problems.
- The bed is made of high-quality polyethylene.
- It is lightweight without compromising the weight capacity.
- The steel frame of this bed is highly durable.
- It is also portable, so you can take it anywhere you want.
- This dog bed needs constant maintenance to keep it safe for your pooch.
- You have to assemble this dog bed by yourself.
Best for Puppies: Sealy Lux Pet Dog Bed
The Sealy Lux Pet Dog Bed is the best dog bed for Boston Terrier puppies. This premium orthopedic option is excellent for senior dogs, dogs with disabilities and perfect for Boston Terrier puppies. It is made of high-quality polyester that provides comfort, warmth, and a soft surface for your dog.
You can choose between four different sizes and five colors, so pick the one that suits your Boston Terrier puppy best. Its removable cover allows for an easy and fast clean. Additionally, its pro-charcoal base can help prevent odors, keeping the bed fresh for your dog. This bed provides an excellent resting place for dogs that suffer from joint problems, arthritis, or other bone-related issues.
The main issue with this option is its price. It is more expensive than other dog beds on the market. It is also a bit too square and can be uncomfortable for dogs who love to sleep straight.
- It is a premium orthopedic dog bed that is perfect for senior dogs and dogs with disabilities.
- You can choose between four different sizes and five different colors.
- It is made of high-quality polyester.
- This model is comfortable, warm, and therapeutic.
- You can remove the cover to wash it in a washing machine.
- Its pro-charcoal base absorbs odors, keeping the bed fresh for your furry friend.
- It provides excellent support for dogs with joints and bone problems.
- It is an excellent option for an older dog that suffers from arthritis.
- The surface’s fabric can be a bit rough for certain dogs.
- This bed is more of a square, so it can be a bit uncomfortable if your dog likes sleeping straight.
- It is not the best option if you live in hot areas as it doesn’t have good breathability.
- This bed is more expensive than other models.
Best for Destructive Dogs: K9 Ballistics Round Dog Bed
The K9 Ballistics Round Dog Bed is the best option for destructive Boston Terriers. This almost indestructible dog bed is perfect for dogs that love to dig, nest, or scratch before they go to sleep. It is so durable and resistant that the company will return your money if your large dog manages to break the bed during the first 120 days.
You can choose between different colors and sizes, giving you the possibility of picking the one that suits your dog the best. This USA-made dog bed is made of high-quality polyester foam that provides solid comfort and warmth.
The surface of this Boston Terrier bed is water-resistant and can prevent moisture from accumulating inside the mattress. However, it does come with some drawbacks. For instance, this dog bed is not the right option for dogs that suffer from joint pain or bone-related problems as it doesn’t provide the proper support.
You should also know that it is not recommended for extreme chewers, even if it is a durable bed. So, if your adult dog is exceptionally destructive, you should consider a chew proof dog bed.
- This is an almost indestructible dog bed.
- It is an excellent option for dogs that love digging, scratching, and nesting.
- The company returns your money if your dog manages to damage the bed in the first 120 days.
- It comes in different colors and sizes.
- It is a USA-made dog bed.
- This model is made of high-quality foam.
- This extremely durable dog bed is also comfortable.
- Its water-resistant surface can repel moisture.
- This bed is not suitable for heavy chewers.
- I don’t recommend it for senior dogs with joint or bone problems.
Best for Senior Dogs: Barkbox 2-in-1 Memory Foam Bolster Bed
The Barkbox 2-in-1 Memory Foam Bolster Bed is the best dog bed for senior Boston Terriers. This dog bed is made of high-quality memory foam that provides the best possible comfort for senior dogs. You can find it in three different sizes, depending on whether your dog likes small or big beds.
The main benefit of this incredible orthopedic bed is its outstanding design. You can turn this dog bed from a donut design to a crate, giving your dog the option of finding the mode he likes the best. It is also the perfect size for small breeds like Boston Terriers.
Additionally, you can easily wash it in the washing machine. Its surface can repel water and dirt, giving you an easier time cleaning messes and other accidents. Its shape and softness will give your dog a sense of security during his sleep.
Its main drawback is that it can be hard to adjust from crate to donut. It is also quite heavy and difficult to transport, and if your dog scratches it, it will make a high-pitch loud noise.
- This is an orthopedic foam dog bed that provides the best comfort for seniors.
- You can find it in three different sizes and five different colors.
- You can turn it into a crate bed or a donut bed.
- It is washable, and its surface can repel water.
- It is the perfect size for small dogs.
- You can easily clean any accidents or messes.
- Its shape and softness provide a sense of security for your dog.
- It can help with joint pain and arthritis.
- This bed can be heavy and difficult to transport.
- If your dog likes scratching, it could produce a high noise.
- It is difficult to adjust from one mode to another.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Dog Bed for a Boston Terrier?
What Size Bed Does a Boston Terrier Need?
A Boston Terrier’s height is usually between 12” and 15” (30.4 to 38.1 cm). So, you should aim to get a dog bed around 16” (40.6 cm).
Boston Terriers are a small but playful breed that loves to move all the time. That’s why, when buying a dog bed for them, you should get a bed that is slightly bigger than your dog. A somewhat bigger bed allows for more mobility when they sleep and gives them the necessary space to switch from one position to another.
What Is the Best Dog Bed for a Boston Terrier?
Boston Terriers require a comfortable place that provides security and warmth during the night. Suppose you are looking to get a dog bed for your Boston Terrier. In that case, you should consider getting one that provides features like washability and durability.
Here’s what you should consider when buying a bed for a Boston Terrier:
- Size: One of the main features to look for in a dog bed for Boston Terriers is the size. The right size for your dog should allow space for movement and provide the possibility of feeling secure in a small area.
- Washability: A dog bed must be easy to wash and clean because you need to do it regularly. Usually, you should wash a dog bed weekly, but you can do it every two weeks for dogs that don’t shed much like Boston Terriers.
- Breathability: Another aspect to consider is the breathability of the bed. This is even more important if you live in a hot area. If your dog feels too hot, he won’t be able to sleep properly. A breathable dog bed allows for better airflow and a cooler experience.
- Durability: A dog bed needs to be durable, especially if your dog likes to scratch or dig before going to sleep. If your Boston Terrier enjoys chewing on his bed, you should consider a chew-proof model.
- Comfort: Your dog’s bed should always be comfortable, at the very least. If your dog doesn’t feel comfortable with it, he won’t use it. Memory foam and a soft surface with a hypoallergenic fabric is a good combination for your Boston Terrier.
What to Avoid in a Boston Terrier Dog Bed?
There are certain aspects you should avoid when buying a dog bed for a Boston Terrier. For instance, mattresses that are difficult to wash or don’t provide the right size will not work for your dog.
Here’s what you should avoid:
- Big beds: Boston Terriers are a small breed that loves small spaces. So, if you plan to buy a new dog bed for your dog, consider a bed big enough for him to move, but that can also provide the small space he loves.
- Difficult to wash: Dog beds that are difficult to wash can be cheaper, but they are also stressful. You won’t bathe your dog on a daily or weekly basis, so his bed will start smelling after a week or so. That’s why it is essential to wash it every one or two weeks.
- Uncomfortable: The main aspect to avoid in a dog bed is an uncomfortable model. Dogs need to feel comfortable to sleep. If not, they will just look for another resting space.
How Much Sleep Do Boston Terriers Need?
Boston Terriers are companion dogs that don’t require much from you but a couple of hours of physical and mental activity a day. If you meet those needs, your dog will most likely just sleep most of the day.
They are small enough to fit in your lap while you work, and they tend to enjoy napping. So, if you have a Boston Terrier, try to create a schedule for him that will allow for naps, playtime, and training. They are intelligent dogs, so once they adapt to the routine, they will follow it daily.
Why Do Boston Terriers Sleep Under Covers?
You might have noticed that your Boston Terrier likes to sleep under a blanket or in tiny spaces. This is because of their nature and instincts. Boston Terriers have an instinctive burrowing behavior that makes them feel safer and more comfortable in nest-like environments.
So, the smaller the space is, the better for them. That’s why having a blanket or a crate-like dog bed is so important if you have a Boston Terrier.
How Much Exercise Do Boston Terriers Need?
Boston Terriers are an energetic breed that requires a lot of exercises, playtime, and training. They might be small, but they require plenty of exercise to avoid problems like obesity and arthritis. Even older dogs need to be physically active to prevent serious joint issues and loss of mobility.
If you have a Boston Terrier, you should aim for two hours of physical activity every day. Try to combine playtime with intense exercises and some training to keep your dog healthy. You can take him for walks and allow him to play with other dogs if possible.
You can also play games inside to exercise your Boston Terrier.
Suppose you are looking for the best dog bed for your Boston Terrier. In that case, you should consider the Best Friends by Sheri Original Calming Donut Bed. This dog bed provides all the necessary features for a Boston Terrier, like comfort, warmth, and an easy-to-wash design.
Overall, when choosing the best dog bed for your Boston Terrier, you should pay extra attention to its size and comfort. If you want your dog to use the bed and enjoy it, you should try to provide him the space he needs. A soft surface that doesn’t make him overheat should be the minimum.
All content has been reviewed for accuracy by Dr. Megan Teiber, DVM.