Famous for their powerful nose and hunting instincts, Beagles are also beloved family pets. They love to sleep in comfortable beds close to their families. Maybe you’ve been wondering which is the best bed option for your Beagle.
The overall best dog bed for Beagles is the Barkbox 2-in-1 Memory Foam Donut Cuddler. It has ample warmth, a pleasing shape, and uses supportive memory foam. The bed is also resistant to water and easy to clean.
In this guide, I review the pros and cons of the best dog beds for Beagles. I also help you decide which mattress is best for your Beagle. Lastly, I explain how you can make it as comfortable as possible for your dog.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
|Best Overall||Barkbox 2-in-1 Memory Foam Donut Cuddler||4.4/5|
|Savvy Pick||Furhaven Pet Snuggery Hooded Dog Bed||4.4/5|
|Bargain Pick||PETMAKER Orthopedic Sherpa Top Pet Bed||4.4/5|
|Luxury Pick||The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed||4.5/5|
Product Reviews for Beagle Beds
Best Overall: Barkbox 2-in-1 Memory Foam Donut Cuddler
The Barkbox 2-in-1 Memory Foam Donut Cuddler is the overall best dog bed for Beagles. The round design with raised edges allows your pup to cuddle into the mattress and increase their feelings of security.
The outer material is a very soft and comfortable faux fur. Apart from being an ethical choice, it also provides plenty of coziness for your dog. This fabric could be particularly beneficial if you live in a cold climate.
It also provides ample support with a memory foam mattress. If you have a senior dog or one with mobility problems, this could reduce any discomfort. This mattress is also protected by a water-resistant lining.
As an added bonus, the bed includes a pea-shaped toy. If your dog likes to cuddle with his toys, this could increase their interest in the new bed.
One downside of this bed is its assembly. You have to wait for the foam to expand and then stuff it into the covers. I recommend getting a second person to help you, or it could be a time-consuming experience.
- It uses memory foam in the mattress to help support your dog’s body.
- The faux fur exterior is warm and vegan-friendly.
- The fabric is resistant to water and can be washed.
- The round design suits dogs that like to curl in a ball to sleep.
- It includes dual covers to protect the filling.
- The bed has a non-slip base.
- It comes with a free Princess and the Pea toy.
- The material may be too soft for destructive dogs.
- It can be frustrating and time-consuming to assemble.
Savvy Pick: Furhaven Pet Snuggery Hooded Dog Bed
The Furhaven Pet Snuggery Hooded Dog Bed is the Savvy Pick for Beagles. It differs from other beds because of its unique hooded design that allows dogs to nest inside. If your dog usually likes to crawl under blankets, they may love this bed type.
It is very warm and cozy, with smooth velvet material on the outer. You can choose from a variety of colors, and the mattress has proper circulation to prevent overheating. The bed is also reasonably supportive, using egg crate orthopedic foam.
I like that the bed is affordable and well-made. My only complaint is the plastic tubing in the hood extension. It can collapse at times, even on top of your dog. If your pup struggles or panics when under a blanket, I wouldn’t recommend this dog bed.
It is also not suitable for strong chewers because of the soft material. You risk your dog tearing apart the bed and possibly consuming the mattress foam inside.
Overall, it is a suitable option for cold climates or during the winter. The shape traps heat inside and also allows your dog to claim his own space. If he struggles with anxiety, the closed design may provide a greater sense of security.
- The opening and hood suit nesting dogs.
- The price is budget-friendly.
- The blanket keeps the heat inside.
- It has an orthopedic foam mattress base.
- The exterior uses a soft velvet material for extra comfort.
- The bed comes in different colors.
- The mattress has good air circulation.
- It is not a suitable option for heavy chewers.
- The hood can collapse at times because of the plastic tubing.
Bargain Pick: PETMAKER Orthopedic Sherpa Top Pet Bed
The PETMAKER Orthopedic Sherpa Top Pet Bed is the best budget dog bed for Beagles. If you’re not looking to spend too much, it could be a viable option for a comfortable night’s rest.
The bed has four inches (10.2cm) of memory foam. This dense material could assist dogs with mobility problems or chronic pain. If you have a senior Beagle or you worry about your pup’s long-term health, it could be a factor to consider.
It has a simple rectangular design in the style of a human mattress. This shape fits easily in a crate and provides plenty of space for sprawling. The top of the bed uses warm Sherpa material.
The main issue with this bed is the quality of the materials. There are some inconsistencies, and you may find some loose seams. I also don’t recommend washing the bed in hot water. The material may start to fray and tear.
However, if your dog is pretty relaxed, then it may give you enough use to be a good value for money. However, Beagles that like to chew and nest are not suited to this budget dog bed.
- The price is accessible to most people.
- The base uses four inches (10.2cm) of supportive memory foam.
- You can spot clean or machine-wash the mattress cover.
- The Sherpa fabric helps your Beagle stay warm and cozy.
- The rectangular shape could fit comfortably inside a crate.
- The construction quality is not of the highest standard.
- It is not waterproof.
- The cover may not withstand washing on a rough cycle or with hot water.
Luxury Pick: The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed
The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed is the best luxury option for Beagles. If you are looking to invest in comfort and durability, you should take a closer look at this option.
Its mattress combines different layers of support and orthopedic memory foam. Each layer either helps relieve pressure from your dog’s joints, keeps their body in alignment, or helps them feel comfortable. If you are worried about mobility, it could be an excellent investment.
It has a rectangular shape with bolsters on three of the sides. Beagles can cuddle into the corners for extra security or use the back bolsters to support their spines. The gap on one side allows for easy access.
The bed uses a soft and comfortable outer fabric that is also easy to clean. Underneath the exterior material, it has a waterproof liner to protect the foam. However, the liner makes noise, which can be annoying if your Beagle shifts around a lot.
It is the most expensive option in this review guide. However, it could be worth it if you want a bed that can last in the long-term.
- The mattress blends two kinds of foam for orthopedic support.
- It could provide some pain relief for senior Beagles.
- The sides have raised bolsters for extra spinal support.
- A gap in the bolsters allows dogs to jump up and down.
- A waterproof mattress protector can insure against accidents.
- The sleeping surface is warm and soft.
- You can use your washing machine with the removable cover.
- The design is neutral, attractive, and compatible with most home decor.
- The price may be outside of some people’s budgets.
- The inner lining can be noisy.
Buying Guide: How to Choose a Dog Bed for a Beagle
What Size Bed Does a Beagle Need?
Regardless of the sex, Beagles usually measure 13 to 15 inches (33 to 38.1cm) in height. They weigh anywhere from 18 to 30 pounds (8.2 to 13.6kg).
In most dog bed brands, you should opt for the Medium size. However, if your dog likes to stretch out while he sleeps, then there’s no harm in choosing a larger mattress. It’s probably better to go larger than smaller, so your dog can get sufficient support.
What Is the Best Dog Bed for a Beagle?
- Warm bedding: Beagles have short fur and fare better in warm weather than in the cold. Therefore, you should choose a mattress with material to help your Beagle stay warm while he sleeps. Fluffy fabrics, blankets, and hooded-style beds are all excellent options.
- Waterproof or easy to clean: Beagles have a reputation for being hard to potty train. They may take up to a year to fully learn, so there may be a few accidents in the house. If your Beagle wets his bed, a waterproof liner can protect the mattress from odors and mold.
- Compatible with a crate: Crate training can help with house training or avoiding destructive behavior. You might like to choose a bed with a rectangular shape and is thin enough to fit comfortably in a crate.
- Durable materials: Beagles can get bored quickly, mostly if you leave them alone for long periods. They may engage in destructive behavior like digging or chewing. Choosing a bed with durable fabric can help it last longer against these activities.
- Memory foam mattress: Beagles can develop problems like hip dysplasia and patellar luxation. Choosing a bed that uses supportive memory foam could reduce some of the pressure and pain of mobility disorders.
What Should You Avoid in a Beagle Dog Bed?
- Cold and bare surfaces: Beagles do not do well in very cold climates. During the winter or chilly nights, your pup will need additional warmth from their bed. Steer clear of bare mattresses or bare surfaces without cushioning.
- Thin materials: Beagles are active and occasionally destructive. If you choose a light fabric, it may rip or tear with minimal effort. This could mean that you have to buy a new bed before long.
- Loosely stuffed mattress: Loose foam and other fillings are probably not supportive enough for a Beagle of any age. Furthermore, the gaps in the stuffing allow dust mites and other insects to enter. Therefore, your pup may develop allergic reactions.
- Hard mattress: On the other hand, very firm beds can also be harmful to Beagles. If your dog has any kind of pain or movement problems, the rigid surface could make them feel more uncomfortable.
Why Do Beagles Like to Sleep Under the Covers?
Many Beagles like to sleep under the covers and blankets. They do this either in your bed or their own bed. This burrowing behavior may be due to seeking warmth, or it can be a source of emotional comfort for your dog.
Dogs usually create a den-environment to increase their feelings of security. They may climb under covers, lie between couch cushions, or seek out their crate. My dog has always loved sleeping under the bed or in other small spaces.
This behavior is a natural instinct and can also be due to your dog’s personality. If your Beagle likes to burrow, I recommend covering his bed with a blanket like the PetFusion Premium Pet Blanket.
In conclusion, the Best Overall dog bed for Beagles is the Barkbox 2-in-1 Memory Foam Donut Cuddler. It combines warmth and comfort with a supportive base for a good night’s rest.
The Furhaven Pet Snuggery Hooded Dog Bed is the Savvy Pick. The unique shape allows your Beagle to snuggle inside to feel warm and secure during the night.
When choosing a dog bed for your Beagle, you should pay attention to comfort and support. You want to strike the right balance between a firm mattress that can relieve pressure and a soft and cozy exterior.
Beagles can be very active dogs, especially when young. However, they need a good night’s rest just as much as any breed. By investing in a specialty dog bed, you can keep them healthy and happy.